SUMNER COUNTY, Tenn. (WKRN) - A crash involving a semi-truck hauling 41,000 pounds of chicken nuggets closed Highway 31 East in Sumner County Tuesday morning.
The crash happenedaround 1:20 a.m. near the Phillips Hollow Road intersection.
The Tennessee Highway Patrol reported it was a head-on crash involving the semi and another vehicle.
No nuggets were spilled in the crash but crews closed the roadway to clear the wreckage and remove spilled fuel.
The roadway fully reopened to traffic around 5:45 a.m.
No additional information was immediately released.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Senate set to vote on 2 competing plans to end shutdown
- Trump proposal panned as workers face another lost paycheck
- Stocks sink on growth fears and possible snag in trade talks
- Boys school shuts down amid fallout over Washington videos