KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – “Christmas at Dollywood,” part of which were shot this fall at the Sevier County theme park, airs tonight on the Hallmark Channel.
Dolly Parton, Danica McKellar and Niall Matter star in the Hallmark film.
Here’s the storyline: McKellar portrays Rachel Lewis, a single mom and award-winning Broadway producer who leaves New York City to return to Appalachia to produce a show for the 20th anniversary of the Smoky Mountain Christmas Festival at Dollywood.
Co-star Matter plays “Luke,” who works alongside “Rachel.” The two butt heads on the way to falling in love. Parton, of course, saves the day.
GALLERY: Dolly Parton through the years
The special, part of Hallmark’s Countdown to Christmas, airs at 8 p.m. Sunday.
McKeller said the idea of the movie is hers, who pitched it to a Hallmark Channel executive.
“We’re so honored to have Dollywood featured in this movie, and it is just such a great story,” Parton told Parade magazine. “My heart is in the Smokies always, so folks who have never experienced the magic of the holidays here are in for a big treat.”
- Eric Church, Miranda Lambert, Maren Morris to play CMAs
- ‘Absolutely devastating’: Last calf born to April the giraffe dies
- 84-year-old in Ohio assaulted over Biden sign, police say
- Mother allegedly straps 13-year-old son with meth, fentanyl in failed smuggling attempt
- New US homes sought for 196 dogs rescued from South Korean meat farm