GATLINBURG, Tenn. (WATE) — A Virginia woman died Monday while hiking in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park.
Diana Graves, 67, of Chesterfield, Virginia, was hiking along the Abrams Falls Trail in the Cades Cove area of the park with her family around 1 p.m. when she reportedly experienced a cardiac event. Bystanders immediately performed CPR until park rangers arrived at the scene.
Rangers then took over life-saving efforts but were unsuccessful. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
No other information was given.
- Fully-involved house fire underway in Hermitage
- Shooting victim driven to Cheatham County, airlifted to Nashville hospital
- Homes ‘looked like they’d been put in a blender’: East Nashville man recalls neighborhood damage moments after storm
- ‘We made it back’: A year of recovery for The Basement East
- ‘God’s got a blessing in store for you’: East Nashville man shares message of hope after difficult year