GATLINBURG, Tenn. (WATE) — A Virginia woman died Monday while hiking in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park.
Diana Graves, 67, of Chesterfield, Virginia, was hiking along the Abrams Falls Trail in the Cades Cove area of the park with her family around 1 p.m. when she reportedly experienced a cardiac event. Bystanders immediately performed CPR until park rangers arrived at the scene.
Rangers then took over life-saving efforts but were unsuccessful. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
No other information was given.
- UT releases comprehensive list of game day changes ahead of Saturday’s home opener
- Metro Water Services rescues kitten stuck in storm drain
- La Niña could mean an early start to severe weather in 2021
- Disturbing video captures quadruple shooting at market in South Nashville
- Williamson County 911 dispatcher fired after domestic violence arrest comes to light