Gas grill causes Franklin house fire

News

Firefighters say a grill propane tank malfunctioned, lighting a house fire Monday evening. Photo: Franklin Fire Department

FRANKLIN, Tenn. (WKRN) — Franklin Fire investigators believe a propane tank from a gas grill started a house fire in the McKay’s Mill subdivision Monday evening.

Investigator WIll Farris said the homeowner was grilling in their driveway on Oxford Glen Drive when the propane tank malfunctioned and caught fire. The fire then spread to the house.

Firefighters believe the flames caused roughly $10,000 worth of damage to the home. No one was injured.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

News 2 StormTracker RadarDownload the WKRN Weather Authority App

Don't Miss

Trending Stories