NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – Domestic violence. Stalkers. Parking lot creepers.
More and more women are taking action to fight back against criminals, including using new techniques in self defense and personal protection.
Saturday at 6 p.m. on News 2, we dug deeper into crime and safety trends involving women. In a 30 minute special report, News 2 showed you steps women are taking to stay safe and how women are fighting back against these crimes.Stories featured in CrimeTracker: Women Fighting Back include:
- Certain crimes disproportionately affect women in Nashville
- Top safety mistakes you make and don’t even know it
- Store stalkers and parking lot creeps: How to stay safe, protect yourself
- Women wage war to halt human trafficking in Tennessee
- Nashville woman stands up to abuser, now helps other domestic violence victims
- Self-defense instructor: ‘Prove you’re worth more than they’re willing to spend
- Gun industry takes aim as more and more women carry
- Armed neighbor credited for saving mother-of-four’s life during hatchet attack
News 2 is committed to tracking crime across Middle Tennessee. See the latest at wkrn.com/crimetracker.