NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) - Metro police said a woman's car was stolen at gunpoint as she was walking into her apartment Friday.
According to court documents the incident happened at the Wyndchase Apartments along Highway 70 South.
The suspect, 21-year-old Guillermo Diaz is accused of telling the victim she had dropped something.
When the woman turned around, police said Diaz pointed a gun at her and demanded her money and keys.
Police said Diaz then stole the victim's car and crashed at 12th Avenue South and Douglas Avenue.
Investigators said the suspect also caused a second crash in an effort to elude police.
The suspect failed to stop at the scenes of both crashes.
Police said Diaz then drove to an apartment along Lebanon Road where he exited the stolen vehicle and led police on a foot chase.
Diaz was arrested and it was discovered he had one outstanding warrant.
He faces several charges including aggravated robbery and aggravated assault.
News 2 is tracking crime where you live with CrimeTracker reports. Click here for more coverage.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Man arrested in bestiality case after allegedly pimping dogs
- Beloved rhinoceros dies at age 49 in North Carolina zoo
- Amazon dumped New York, but cities still wooing the company
- Trump declaration faces uncertain fate in coming court fight
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) -- Bully. Victim. Most of us have been one or the other. Sometimes, both.Read More »