EL PASO, Tx. (WKRN) - A man accused of raping his own daughter was captured while illegally crossing the border in Texas.
Border Patrol agents said that 39-year-old Rusbel Zamorano-Calderon was taken into custody in Ysleta, Texas, on Tuesday.
According to a release, border agents were on a routine patrol when they stumbled upon footprints on the ground just east of the Ysleta Port of Entry.
Agents said they quickly caught up with the group and arrested them. Zamorano-Calderon, who is from Mexico, was identified among them.
After interviewing and fingerprinting Zamorano, agents said they discovered he had previously been deported and was wanted on three counts of rape on his own 15-year-old daughter in Polk County, Tennessee.
Officials said the 39-year-old is remanded into the custody of the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office. He will be extradited to the Polk County Sheriff’s Office to face the three felony rape charges.
News 2 is tracking crime where you live with CrimeTracker reports. Click here for more coverage
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Titans play call on 2-pt conversion up for debate
- Drivers take up Nashville Commuter Challenge to combat traffic
- Lee's company contracts with state, local governments questioned by Dean
- Car windows smashed in East Nashville, one company shows up to help