NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) - A taxi driver was pulled from his cab, beaten and robbed. Metro police arrested a woman for the crime and say two other people helped her.
Marissa Simpson is charged with robbery.
According to an arrest affidavit, Simpson asked a driver with NashVegas Cabs to bring her to 1074 Murfreesboro Road and when they arrived, Simpson jumped on the man.
Police say another person ran up to the car and pulled the driver out and to the ground. Another person ran up and police say the two unidentified suspects started kicking and punching the man. The man was robbed of $120 and that the suspects ripped his gold wedding band off of his finger.
Officers searched the area and say they found Simpson and another man and detained them.
Police say the victim identified Simpson but said the other person was not involved in the attack.
Officers found drugs on Simpson and the other man, according to the arrest affidavit.
Police did not indicate whether the victim got his wedding ring back or how badly he was hurt.
News 2 is tracking crime where you live with CrimeTracker reports. Click here for more coverage.
19-year-old killed in Lebanon shooting
3 charged after deadly shooting in Galla
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Carnival announces roller coaster on new cruise ship
- Trucker saves dogs thrown from vehicle on New York highway
- Reward offered in search for missing Colorado woman
- Not into bingo, 84-year-old Texas woman gets college degree
Middle Tennessee's rapidly-growing population is forcing some school systems to expand.Read More »