NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) - Metro police are investigating after an alleged altercation in The Gulch led to a man being stabbed.
Police responded to the 11th Avenue/Pine Street area near Bar Louie in the Gulch a little after 7 p.m.
According to investigators, a man who walked out of Bar Louie was shouting at a man walking along the sidewalk on the opposite side of the street.
Officers said the man who exited the bar went to the man on the opposite side of the street and punched him in the face.
Police said the man who was punched retaliated and stabbed the man who punched him.
The man with a stab wound was transported to Vanderbilt Medical Center.
The man who stabbed the victim was later identified as 68-year-old John Williams.
He was charged with assault with a deadly weapon after he received medical treatment.
Police said more charges in the case are pending as the investigation continues.
News 2 is tracking crime where you live with CrimeTracker reports. Click here for more coverage.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Excellent News: 'Bill and Ted 3' totally...
- Powerball grows to $625 million after no...
- Infant cough syrup recalled due to possible...
- Catholic priest accused of groping woman during...