NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) - A Juvenile Court probation officer is in custody after he allegedly touched a 16-year-old inappropriately.
According to police, the investigation into 29-year-old Thomas Myers began Thursday, when the 16-year-old victim told Metro sex crimes detectives that Myers touched him inappropriately while they were sitting in Myers' car discussing the teen's probation.
Detectives said Myers was immediately placed on administrative leave pending a disciplinary hearing.
A spokesperson with the Juvenile Court says Myers has been a probation officer since July 23. He had a clerical role and was a security guard before he was a probation officer.
The court said they are concerned there could be other victims. Myers' access to children and court records was also taken.
Myers is free on $10,000.
Anyone who believes Myers acted inappropriately towards them is urged to call Metro police's Youth Sex Crimes Unit at 615-862-7417.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Customs officers searching more travelers' devices
- House fire kills 5 children, injures mother who jumped out
- Researchers say best time to drink coffee isn't first thing in morning
- Boy raises money for a gravestone for best friend
Middle Tennessee's rapidly-growing population is forcing some school systems to expand.Read More »