NFD: Antioch apartment fire caused by pot on the stove

News

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — The Nashville Fire Department announced Wednesday a pot on the stove is to blame for an apartment complex fire that displaced residents Tuesday night.

The Nashville Fire Department battled flames at The Villages of Dover Glen in Antioch Tuesday night. They say a pot on a stove melted, leading them to believe the stove eye had been left on.

The fire was contained to one unit, however, around 20 residents have been displaced due to smoke and water damage.

Crews do not have any injuries to report so far. They are asking the public to avoid the area if possible.

This is a developing story. Stay with News 2 and WKRN.com for updates.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ



Don't Miss

Trending Stories