Week 11 of the NFL season rolls in with the Power Rankings being defined by good & bad… The separation is starting to happen, the cream is rising and the carcasses are falling to the side.
The Jets looked like a dead bloated fish in the water Sunday, the Raiders are being picked at by vultures on the side of the road and the Saints just orbited Mars.
Here you go…
32. Oakland Raiders (1-8) – This is unquestionably the worst team in the league. The fact that Jon Gruden has made Derek Carr look this bad is criminal. Some other team could really benefit by landing Carr in free agency.
31. New York Jets (3-7) – Are you kidding me? Seriously? They lost by 30 points to Matt Barkley who signed on Halloween? No one lost their job, but they will.
30. San Francisco 49ers (2-8) – Lost a battle of horrible teams Monday night.
29. New York Giants (2-7) – All of this talk about Eli Manning is a huuuuuuge waste of time. It doesn’t matter. The future is someone else.
28. Arizona Cardinals (2-7) – They sacked Pat Mahomes 5 times and didn’t get annihilated in Kansas City. That’s a great weekend for this team.
27. Buffalo Bills (3-7) – I don’t know if it’s more amazing that this team has 3 wins or that 2 of them are over the Titans and Vikings. The most stubborn front office in the league finally has conceded Nathan Peterman is horrible.
26. Tampa Bay Bucs (3-6) – Time to walk the plank… A whole lot of people getting tossed off this sinking ship. 500 yards and 3 points!!!!??? That should be impossible. Arrrrggggghhhhh.
25. Detroit Lions (3-6) – If Matt Patricia is going to chastise reporters for their posture can we chastise him for his horrendous team and he may also want to look the part. This may sound petty and I’m good with that.
24. Jacksonville Jaguars (3-6) – 5 straight losses, 3 TD’s to one tight end in one game, and Jalen Ramsey is already tweeting about bolting town. Sounds extremely healthy.
23. Denver Broncos (3-6) – They just have to be grateful there are so many other bad teams. If there was a coaching power ranking Vance Joseph might be 32.
22. Cleveland Browns (3-6-1) – 21 forced fumbles and 13 interceptions. This is a very attractive job! They’ve got talent on defense, Baker Mayfield and did anyone just watch Nick Chubb?
21. Miami Dolphins (5-5) – Miami’s defensive numbers are just better than I expected… 19.9 points per game and 15 interceptions.
20. Baltimore Ravens (4-5) – Joe Flacco is hurting and they may turn to rookie Lamar Jackson. The schedule has been brutal.
19. Cincinnati Bengals (5-4) – Lost 2 of their last 3 by 35 and 37 points. It was to the Chiefs and Saints, but man, put up a fight… Just a little one!
18. Indianapolis Colts (4-5) – They’ve won 3 (Bills, Raiders & Jags) in a row and Andrew Luck is having a monster return with 2,400 yards and 26 TD’s. They’re better, but now it’s time to beat somebody. They get their shot Sunday.
17. Philadelphia Eagles (4-5) – I know they’re the defending champs, but the stubbornness of others to still have them ranked around the top 10 is staggering. They are not finishing drives on offense and they’ve only created 7 turnovers on defense in 9 games.
16. Dallas Cowboys (4-5) – Season saving victory at Philadelphia. I still love those young linebackers, Zeke can still play and maybe Amari Cooper is just enough to sneak them into the post season.
15. Atlanta Falcons (4-5) – Julion Jones is having another massive season with 67 receptions, 1,040 yards but still a shockingly low 2 TD’s.
14. Seattle Seahawks (4-5) – #1 rush attack in the league at 152 yards per game. I think Pete Carroll has done a great job with this team, they almost pulled off a stunner against the Rams.
13. Green Bay Packers (4-4-1) – That blowout of the Dolphins was the easiest call of the weekend. Must win game, Brock Osweiller, equals a big win. Big game this weekend with Seattle.
12. Washington Redskins (6-3) – They get high marks for winning despite losing 2 starter guards last week. At the end of the day, they won’t be able to score enough points.
11. Tennessee Titans (5-4) – Routing the Patriots just doesn’t happen in November. Adoree Jackson was spectacular against Josh Gordon. Here’s the real story 164, 125 and 150 yards rushing the last 3 games.
10. Houston Texans (6-3) – Come out of the bye week still riding a 6 game win streak. 9 sacks for JJ Watt, he’s performed at a higher level than I expected after missing almost 2 years.
9. Carolina Panthers (6-3) – Man, they just got pasted in Pittsburgh!!!
8. Minnesota Vikings (5-3-1) – It is time for Dalvin Cook to take over this offense. For the sake of Minnesota and my fantasy team! They both need a huge last 7 games from the talented young RB.
7. Chicago Bears (6-3) – 29.9 points a game!!! Yes, this is the Chicago Bears!!! Matt Nagy has done an amazing job bringing so many new pieces together. Mitchell Trubisky is having a great year with 2,300 yards and 19 TD’s.
6. New England Patriots (7-3) – No I won’t bury the Patriots, that’s just dumb, but they did look old and slow against the Titans. We’ve seen this before though.
5. Los Angeles Chargers (7-2) – They come off of their 2nd bye of the season (the Raiders) riding a 6 game win streak and they’ve got the Broncos and Cards coming to town. Yep, they’ll by 9-2 headed to Pittsburgh with a healthy Joey Bosa.
4. Pittsburgh Steelers (6-2-1) – 5 straight wins by an average of 18 points a game. That’s taking people to the woodshed, now can they get the team that got them twice last year? Yes, Jacksonville.
3. Los Angeles Rams (9-1) – Yes, I love this team. Love watching them play. Love the head coach. Love the offense. But, oh man, that run defense is HORRIBLE!!! Seattle went for 273!!!
2. Kansas City Chiefs (9-1) – A cream puff month comes to an end on Monday night when they meet the Rams. They’ll have to step up.
1. New Orleans Saints (8-1) – If a team was ever set up for a trap game it was the Saints, they responded by obliterating the Bengals. Their pass defense rankings are not good but is that because everyone is constantly playing from behind.