Boy accidentally shoots dad in leg while working on rifle

News

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. (WKRN) – A father was injured after a rifle his son was working on accidentally discharged, striking him in the leg.

It happened Thursday on Lowe Road.

The victim was airlifted to Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville for treatment.

According to Detective Sgt. Dan Goodwin, a round was left in the chamber while the boy worked on the firearm.

“It is absolutely an accident,” Goodwin explained.

The victim’s condition was not released.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

Community Calendar