MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Amazon says it has awarded $10 million to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis through its AmazonSmile program.
Amazon donates 0.5-percent of the item purchase price to shoppers’ charity of choice when they shop at smile.amazon.com. Millions of shoppers have choses St. Jude.
St. Jude is the first charity to reach the $10 million dollar mark through the charity, Amazon said.
“We are beyond grateful for the generous spirit of Amazon, which has made possible these innovative programs that make it simple to support charities including St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital,” said Richard C. Shadyac Jr., President and CEO of ALSAC, the fundraising and awareness organization for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- Elton John to bring final tour to Nissan Stadium
- Frontier Airlines adds ‘COVID Recovery Charge’ to ticket price. Here’s what it covers
- Warren Buffett resigns as trustee of Gates Foundation
- 1970 Porsche 917k used in Steve McQueen’s ‘Le Mans’ heading to auction
- Dolly invites Carly Pearce to join Grand Ole Opry