‘All-clear’ given after chlorine spill at University School of Nashville

News

The ‘all-clear’ has been given after a chlorine spill Thursday morning in the pool area at University School of Nashville.

According to the Nashville Fire Department, the Emergency Communications Center received a call from someone at the school at 9:13 a.m. stating there was a spill of chlorine.

The spill was large enough that it required students to be moved to a different part of the building.

A maintenance worker inhaled the chlorine and went to the emergency room at Vanderbilt University Medical Center to be checked out, fire officials said.

Hazmat and medic units responded to the school to determine the extent of the leak.

When the fire department determined the chlorine was out of the air, the school resumed its normal operations.

University School of Nashville is an independent, K-12 school on Edgehill Avenue.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

Trending Stories

Community Calendar