Investigators say a woman covered a mattress in bug spray and used a cigarette to ignite a fire Thursday inside of a Madison apartment.
Catherine Parker, 43, was booked into the Metro jail on charges of aggravated arson and reckless endangerment.
According to an arrest report, first responders were called Thursday to a fire inside of a unit at Hickory Chase Apartment Homes on Heritage Drive.
The fire originated on a mattress in the master bedroom, the paperwork stated.
During an interview with Parker, investigators said she admitted to spraying bug spray on the bed in the room and setting the bed on fire using a cigarette.
There was also a delay in reporting the fire to 911, officials said.
Bond for Parker was set at $70,000.
News 2 is tracking crime where you live with CrimeTracker reports. Click here for more coverage.