Accidental fire damages country club in Sparta

News
62386961_463554160880123_4425290141497556992_o_1560336019602.jpg

WHITE COUNTY, Tenn. (WKRN) — Authorities in White County say a fire Tuesday afternoon that damaged a country club in Sparta was accidental.

Mt. Gilead Volunteer Fire Department reported multiple agencies responded to a fire call around 2 p.m. at Franks on the Green, a country club located on Lester Flatt Road.

When firefighters arrived, they said there was smoke coming from the building.

Crews determined it was a grease fire that quickly spread through the kitchen causing significant damage.

The fire was contained to the kitchen, though firefighters said other parts of the building had smoke damage.

No injuries were reported and it is unclear when the country club will reopen.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

Community Calendar