ROCKY TOP, Tenn. (WATE) – A 4-year-old was apparently shot in the face by a 9-year-old sibling on Sunday, but the injuries were not life-threatening, the Anderson County Sheriff’s Office said.
The shooting happened at a house near Rocky Top around 6 p.m. on Sunday, the Sheriff’s Office said.
The Sheriff’s Office said surgery may not be required for the 4-year-old, who was transported to UT Medical Center by a Lifestar helicopter. No charges have been filed against any adults. The Tennessee Department of Children’s Services is also involved in the case.
- Budweiser combats ‘typical American’ stereotypes in Super Bowl spot
- McGavock High School student charged with carrying loaded gun on campus, vehicle theft
- Texas high school bars student who won’t cut dreadlocks
- California mayors urge White House to help with homeless crisis
- Competition grows among short-term-rental brands, Will it impact our market here in Nashville?