BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. (WFLA) — A 14-year-old boy was arrested Monday night for posting a message to Instagram threatening to commit a mass shooting at a Publix in Boynton Beach, officials said.
The Boynton Beach Police Department was notified about the post by a Publix representative and immediately began investigating.
Detectives identified the teen responsible and arrested him on charges of written threats of a mass shooting.
The teen reportedly told detectives it was a joke.
“The Boynton Beach Police Department will vigorously investigate any claim of harm against our community, and arrest any individual responsible,” the police department said. “We urge parents to have conversations with their children about the severity of this.”
- Bank shares tumble after reports of rampant money laundering
- 330 elephants in Botswana may have died from toxic algae
- SUV driver leaves crash scene, gets into second crash and dies, police say
- Jackson State introduces Deion Sanders as next head football coach
- Newsfeed Now: Tracking Beta; Battle over SCOTUS vacancy heats up