14 treated for carbon monoxide exposure at Westin hotel

News

Crews with the Nashville Fire Department were called to the Westin Nashville in downtown Wednesday morning for a carbon monoxide incident. 

The leak was reported around 6:45 a.m. at the hotel on Clark Place. 

At first, six people reported symptoms of CO exposure. The number of people feeling sick rose through the day. By 2 p.m., 14 people were treated by medics, including six who were taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center. 

The leak originated from the third floor where the pool and gym are located, according to the Nashville Fire Department. It was isolated to the third floor. 

Investigators are working to determine if a newly-installed heater is the source of the leak.

Eighth Avenue was closed to traffic in the area. 

The Nashville Fire Department ventilated the building and the situation has been cleared. 

The Westin Nashville released a statement that said in part, “We are working closely with those guests impacted by the incident and with the Fire Department. The safety of all of our guests and staff is our top priority.”

The hotel resumed normal operations late Wednesday afternoon. 

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

Trending Stories

Community Calendar