NEW YORK (WFLA) — Among the 301 graduates into the New York City Fire Department Tuesday, 13 of them are children of firefighters killed on Sept. 11, according to KTVI.
“Every day that I came to the academy, I was grateful to be there and to follow in the footsteps of my father, brothers, uncle, and all those who came before. This is exactly where I want to be,” said Probationary Firefighter Rebecca Asaro.
Asaro’s father, Carl Asaro, was one of the 343 FDNY members killed on Sept. 11.
For photos of the graduation ceremony, click here.
- COVID-19 testing is free, except when it’s not
- Ohio man accused of flicking blood on family, threatening to inject them with mercury
- Washington man stuck in woods for 3 days saved by his dog
- Arkansas man accused of placing dead animals on former neighbor’s grave
- Stephenie Meyer says more ‘Twilight’ books are planned