1. Sponsors. This watch to win call-in sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by WKRN-TV (“Station”), 441 Murfreesboro Rd, Nashville, TN 37210 and Christmas Village P.O. Box 158826, Nashville, TN 37215 (collectively, the “Sponsor(s)”). This Sweepstakes is void where taxed, restricted, or prohibited and is subject to all local, state, and federal laws. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor(s), which shall be final and not subject to appeal.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter. The Sweepstakes is open to permanent legal U.S. residents who reside within the following counties and/or cities: This area covers the following counties in the Nashville area: Allen; Christian; Clinton; Cumberland; Logan; Monroe; Simpson; Todd; Trigg; Bedford; Benton; Cannon; Cheatham; Clay; Coffee; Davidson; Decatur; DeKalb; Dickson; Franklin; Giles; Hardin; Henry; Hickman; Houston; Humphreys; Jackson; Lawrence; Lewis; Macon; Marshall; Maury; Montgomery; Moore; Morgan; Overton; Perry; Pickett; Putnam; Robertson; Rutherford; Scott; Smith; Stewart; Sumner; Trousdale; Van Buren; Warren; Wayne; White; Williamson; Wilson counties and who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Current or former employees of WKRN-TV, Nexstar Media Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries, the other Sponsors, the other television and radio stations and multichannel video programming distributors within the cities and counties listed above, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising or promotional agencies (including anyone who prepares and/or distributes Sweepstakes materials), and the immediate family members or persons living in the same household (whether related or not) of all the foregoing are not eligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
Participants are eligible to win a WKRN-TV Sweepstakes or contest only once every 60 days. Only one (1) winner per household is permitted in any Sweepstakes or contest. Participants are eligible to win a prize valued at $600.00 or more only once every six (6) months. Text, data, or messaging rates may apply.
3. Entry. This Sweepstakes, which is a watch and win promotion, will begin on November 5, 2018 and end on November 9, 2018 during the broadcast of the “News 2 at 11am” program. The News 2 at 11am program airs Monday thru Friday at 11:00 a.m. CT. To participate, eligible individuals must watch the News 2 at 11am program in order to obtain the Sweepstakes call-in telephone number. Once the Sweepstakes number is revealed, participants may immediately begin calling the posted telephone number. Subject to verification of eligibility, the twenty second (22nd) caller, as determined by the WKRN-TV in its sole discretion, will be declared the winner.
Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for broadcast delays, schedule changes, and pre-emptions or telephone service outages, delays, equipment malfunctions, busy signals, hang-ups, errors or data loss of any kind, lost or unavailable connections, or late, lost, failed, illegible, incomplete, garbled or deleted entries, transmissions, or voicemails or other network or technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call or online entry, or for printing errors in any
advertisement, entry form, or the rules. The Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entrant who acts in a disruptive, harassing, vulgar, or unsportsmanlike manner, as determined by the Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion.
Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, script, macro, or any other automated means or methods or agents to play are prohibited and will void all entries submitted by that participant. No group submissions will be accepted.
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If the Sponsors determine, in their sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual tampering (electronic or otherwise) with this Sweepstakes or contest or if technical difficulties (e.g. infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsors) compromise the security, fairness, administration or integrity of this Sweepstakes or contest, the Sponsors reserve the right to void the entries at issue and/or modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate this Sweepstakes or contest and conduct a random drawing to award the prizes among all eligible entries received as of the termination date. If this Sweepstakes or contest is terminated due to tampering or technical difficulties prior to its expiration date, notice will be posted at http://wkrn.com/. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any participant that tampers with the operation of this Sweepstakes or contest or violates these Official Rules. Entries not conforming to announced entry specifications will not be acknowledged or returned.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE OR SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
4. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number and queue position of callers.
5. Prize(s). There will be five (5) winners in this Sweepstakes. There will be one (1) daily winner selected, the twenty second (22nd) eligible caller as detailed above, each weekday between November 5, 2018 and November 9, 2018. Each daily winner will receive two (2) tickets to Christmas Village. The prize has a total approximate retail value of $20. Entrants can win only once.
All results are unofficial until the winner is verified by the Sponsors. Prizes may not be exchanged, substituted, transferred or redeemed for other prizes by winner. Cash will not be awarded as a substitute for the prizes. Prizes are awarded ‘as is’ with no guarantees or warranties as to use, and the Sponsors are not responsible for defective prizes. The Sponsors make no representations or warranties with respect to the prizes, including merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose. The Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize in their sole discretion without an on-air or off-air announcement, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Acceptance of a prize releases the Stations, the other Sponsors and advertisers from all liability and claims concerning the prize, its delivery, and its use.
Potential winner may be required to provide valid daytime telephone number or e-mail address. WKRN is not responsible for voice or electronic communications that are not completed as a result of any form of call blocking of any kind or inability to leave a voice message or passive or as to e-mail, active filtering of any kind. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on a telephone number, the call will be deemed made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the telephone number provided at the time of the call. The Authorized Account Holder is the natural person who is assigned to the telephone number by the relevant telecommunications provider.
6. Conditions for Acceptance of the Prize(s). The winner [OR winners] must claim the prize(s) in-person at the Station, located at 441 Murfreesboro Rd Nashville, Tn 37210, during regular business hours (Monday – Friday from 9 AM -5 PM. Prize(s) will not be mailed under any circumstances. The prize(s) must be claimed by November 9, 2018 at 5PM (CST) or it/they will be forfeited. Winner [OR Winners] will be required to provide a valid government issued photo identification card and to execute an affidavit of eligibility and publicity and liability release prior to receiving their prize(s). The Station may require the winner’s guests, invitees, or travel companions to sign liability releases prior to receiving the prize. All unclaimed or rejected prizes will be forfeited. Failure by the winner(s) to respond to the Station’s messages, calls, e-mails or other notification will lead to forfeiture of the prize(s). Failure to completely fill out and sign all waivers, releases, or forms requested by the Station will result in forfeiture of the prize(s). The Station then has the right, at its discretion, to award that prize to another winner using the method described above. A winner who forfeits any prize is not eligible to win another contest or sweepstakes conducted by the Station for thirty (30) days.
Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner(s) and the winner(s) may receive an IRS 1099 Form or equivalent from the Sponsor(s). The Sponsor(s) will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) is/are required to fill out any tax forms requested by the Sponsor(s) in order to receive their prize(s).
The winner will be solely responsible for any and all license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. All expenses on receipt and use of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner, the Sponsors are not responsible for any weather changes or extenuating circumstances relating to a prize received. The Sponsors are not responsible for replacing or reimbursing the winner with any form of compensation for events that are delayed or canceled. All delays and cancellations are deemed beyond the control of the Sponsors. This includes, but is not limited to, event cancellations, trip schedule changes, flight
cancellations, changes in travel arrangements, travel delays of any form and duration, game cancellations and delays, as well as all acts of nature. The Sponsors are not responsible for any expenses incurred by the winner as a result of such delays or cancellations. The Sponsors will not replace items that are lost or stolen. The Sponsors will not be responsible for failure to supply the prize by reason of force majeure events, such as acts of God, war, terrorist attacks, unusually severe weather, labor strikes, or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsors.
By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to have their name, voice, likeness, biographical information, and entry materials used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Sweepstakes, and in any media whatsoever, including the Station and on http://wkrn.com/ and Facebook, for any purpose whatsoever, worldwide, in perpetuity, without any further authorization or compensation to the winner.
7. Limitation on Liability. Sponsor(s) disclaim(s) all liabilities to the winner(s) with respect to receipt and use of the prize(s). Winners and their guests or travel companions, by acceptance of their prize(s), agree to release and hold the Sponsor(s) and its/their affiliated companies, their advertising, promotion and production agencies, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives harmless from any and all liability, claims, causes of actions, damages, fines, and costs of any kind whatsoever (including reasonable attorney’s fees) which may be sustained directly or indirectly to persons or property in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to any Sweepstakes- or prize-related activity.
8. Reservation of Rights. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to make changes to these Official Rules in their sole discretion which will become effective upon announcement. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to cancel or terminate this Sweepstakes for any reason in the event that it cannot be run or administered as intended by the Sponsor(s). Any such changes or termination will be announced on http://wkrn.com/.
9. Contact Information. Copies of these Official Rules or a winners' list may be obtained at WKRN-TV, located at 441 Murfreesboro Road, Nashville, TN 37210, during regular business hours, at https://www.wkrn.com/more/contests or by mailing a written request along with a self-addressed stamped envelope to WKRN-TV, 441 Murfreesboro Road, Nashville, TN 37210, within sixty (60) days of the end of this Sweepstakes.
Enter to win tickets to Dierks...
Enter WKRN's Home for the Holidays...
Middle Tennessee's rapidly-growing population is forcing some school systems to expand.Read More »