Congratulations and a thank you to everyone who participated and donated to our 2021 News 2 Food 2 Families School Food Drive!
For years, food collected has stayed in each school’s community going to either local food pantries, school food pantries, or Second Harvest.
This year Food 2 Families had a total of 276,602 meals donated from 29 schools and 25,370 students!
This year’s winners are:
- Lascassas 12,459 meals, 20.3 items per student
- The Discovery School 3,438 meals, 17.8 items per student
- Cockrill Elementary 2,054 meals, 7.6 items per student
- St. Bernard Academy 7,635 meals, 19.8 items per student
- Currey Ingram Academy 3,946 meals, 11.2 per student
- Head Magnet School 4,342 meals, 7.8 items per student
- Montgomery Bell Academy 100,583 meals, 121.9 items per student
- Hendersonville 48,333 meals, 30.6 items per student
- Gallatin 33,565 meals, 19.2 items per student
Thank you to Fifth Third Bank and Freeland Auto for providing the cash prizes for the top schools plus Freeland Auto also collected food at its dealerships. We also want to thank Apex Moving + Storage for picking up donated food at schools and delivering it to Second Harvest.
The prizes were:
Top Three High Schools: $1000
Top Three Middle Schools: $500
Top Three Elementary Schools: $500