A Cincinnati boy was airlifted to the hospital after being bitten by a venomous snake while camping in Chattanooga on Monday.
Eleven-year-old Ethan Aldridge was struck by a Pit Viper Copperhead snake on a hiking trip with his family near the Ocoee River.
Aldridge said he climbed through a rocky terrain when the snake attacked.
While the boy is expected to make a full recovery, on Wednesday he was still experiencing pain and swelling in his hand, and was being treated with pain medicine.
Aldridge is one of 13 people to be recently bit by a venomous snake in that area, nearly half of those circumstances being children.
The boy's mother was there to keep the boy calm before the paramedics arrived.
441 Murfreesboro Road Nashville, TN 37210