Toilet paper lit on fire at Sylvan Park school - WKRN News 2

Toilet paper lit on fire at Sylvan Park school

Posted: Updated: April 14, 2014 1:40 PM CDT
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -

A Nashville elementary school was evacuated Monday morning after a roll of toilet paper was lit on fire.

It happened before 8 a.m. at Sylvan Park Paideia Design Center, more commonly known as Sylvan Park Elementary, on Utah Avenue.

Fire officials on the scene told News 2 the fire was contained to the bathroom where the incident occurred and caused very little damage.

However, smoke filled the hallway and some nearby classrooms.

The school was evacuated but students and staff members were allowed to return to the building an hour later.

School district leaders could not confirm reports from the scene that a student was responsible.

The investigation is ongoing.

Powered by WorldNow

441 Murfreesboro Road Nashville, TN 37210

Telephone: 615.369.7222
Fax: 615.369.7329
Email: news@wkrn.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Nashville, LLC. A Media General Company.