Couple dies after gas burner left on inside RV at KOA campground - WKRN News 2

Couple dies after gas burner left on inside RV at KOA campground

Posted: Updated:

A couple was found dead inside an RV Sunday morning in northeast Nashville.

Authorities suspect carbon monoxide poisoning is to blame for the deaths of 63-year-old Diane Turner and her husband 53-year-old William Zinaveah at the KOA campground on Music Valley Drive.

Metro police told News 2 other campers reported a strong gas odor emanating from the RV.  

Preliminary investigation revealed that one of the propane gas burners inside the vehicle had accidentally been left on.  

Family members found the couple unresponsive after travelling from Columbia to Nashville to check on the couple when they were unable to be reached for several days.

Tuner and Zineveah recently purchased the RV to replace a camper and had lived at the campground for approximately six months.

Authorities stated there was no evidence of foul play.

A medical examiner is expected to determine the cause of death.

Further details were not immediately released.

Powered by WorldNow

441 Murfreesboro Road Nashville, TN 37210

Telephone: 615.369.7222
Fax: 615.369.7329

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Nashville, LLC. A Media General Company.