Woman pulled from burning couch at Greens Hills home - WKRN News 2

Woman pulled from burning couch at Greens Hills home

Posted:
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -

A woman was pulled from a burning home early Friday morning after falling asleep on a couch that later caught fire.

Firefighters believe a cigarette sparked the blaze at the home on Dartmouth Avenue, just south of Woodmont Boulevard and Estes Road in Green Hills.

The smoke alarms went off but the woman did not hear them.

Two people in an upstairs apartment did hear the warning and managed to escape.

Firefighters went in and pulled the woman to safety before pulling the burning couch out of the home.

No one was seriously injured.

Powered by WorldNow

441 Murfreesboro Road Nashville, TN 37210

Telephone: 615.369.7222
Fax: 615.369.7329
Email: news@wkrn.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Nashville, LLC. A Media General Company.