Woman comes face-to-face with husband who shot her - WKRN News 2

Woman comes face-to-face with husband who shot her


A woman shot by her then estranged husband is sharing her story and what led up to the shooting.

News 2 spoke exclusively to Angel Pack moments after her chilling testimony where she talked about the events of the shooting which occurred in a Sam's Club parking in January.

Pack said she married her long-time friend after his doctor said he only had three months to live following triple by-pass surgery.  She said never could she have image his dying wish almost ended her life.

"My pinky finger has just about completely healed, but you know I could have lost a lot more," said Pack.

Pack said she lost the tip of her finger and almost her life to her husband of four years, Johnny Vinson, 63, in a terrorizing ambush at a Sam's Club parking lot on Antioch Pike.

Donning an orange jump suit and an oxygen tank, Vinson came face-to face with his now ex-wife who testified against him at a preliminary hearing Friday morning.

"It's very intimidating seeing him sit there," said Pack.

Pack painted Vinson as a controlling and angry man who would take out a Taser to intimidate her.  

At the time of the shooting, Vinson was free on $20,000 bond from an arrest from December 14, 2013 on charges of aggravated assault against Pack and an order of protection violation.

"I just never thought it would go this far," said Pack.

Police said Pack was putting groceries into the car when Vinson walked up and started arguing with her on that fateful day.  

Pack testified Vinson then shot at her four times, just three days prior to their final divorce hearing.

She sustained gunshot wounds to her torso and hand, but the terror didn't end there.

"I fell to the ground and he was standing over me and at that point and time I just closed my eyes because I thought he was going to shoot me again," Pack recalled.

Instead of shooting, police said Vinson took off. He was found the next day hiding in a car in Hermitage.  

The judge would not reduce Vinson's $50,000 bond and the case has been handed over to a grand jury.

"I was very pleased with the outcome," said Pack.

Vinson has been charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault, unlawful gun possession, order of protection violation and vandalism. Vinson has yet to enter a plea.

Previous Story:

Powered by WorldNow

441 Murfreesboro Road Nashville, TN 37210

Telephone: 615.369.7222
Fax: 615.369.7329
Email: news@wkrn.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Nashville, LLC. A Media General Company.