Police investigate after man brought to hospital dies
Feb 20, 2014 02:10 PM
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -
A man was brought to the hospital just after Midnight Thursday and pronounced dead on arrival.
Shawn Ahearn, 24, of Spring Hill, appeared drunk and had taken multiple Valium pills in addition to injecting himself with heroin Wednesday night. He was taken to Southern Hills Medical Center by three friends.
Detectives were told that Ahearn arrived at the friends' Yelton Court apartment around 11 p.m. already intoxicated.
He became unresponsive as soon as he injected himself with heroin.
Police searched the apartment and found several items of drug paraphernalia used for heroin, but no drugs were found.
They were unable to find any evidence of foul play in Ahearn's death and the Medical Examiner's Office is awaiting toxicology reports before declaring cause of death.