Chimney fire displaces 3 in south Nashville - WKRN News 2

Chimney fire displaces 3 in south Nashville

Posted:
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -

Three people were displaced by an overnight fire in south Nashville.

Officials on the scene told News 2 the residents of a townhouse on Scott Valley Road went to bed with an active fire inside the chimney.

They woke to the smell of smoke just after 1 a.m. and discovered the fire had somehow gotten to their attic.

Crews responded to the scene and found the fire was also inside the walls of the residence.  They extinguished the fire quickly, but the home sustained serious damage due to the location of the fire.

Neither the male or two females inside at the time of the fire sustained any injuries.

Power was shut off to the home and neighboring townhouse, which was not affected.  Red Cross was called to assist the family.

Powered by WorldNow

441 Murfreesboro Road Nashville, TN 37210

Telephone: 615.369.7222
Fax: 615.369.7329
Email: news@wkrn.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Nashville, LLC. A Media General Company.