Chickens escape safely after coop catches fire - WKRN News 2

Chickens escape safely after coop catches fire

Posted: Updated: Jan 19, 2014 11:13 AM

A flock of chickens survived after their coop caught fire at a Williamson County farm Sunday morning.

Crews responded to the fire shortly after 7:15 a.m. at Eaclaire Farm in the 1500 block of Moran Road.

Officials believe the blaze was sparked by a heating lamp or was electrical in nature.

Firefighters say the fire was fully involved when they arrived at the scene.  Water had to be shuttled to the location due to a lack of fire hydrants in the area.

The farm manager first thought they lost some chickens, but later discovered they were all accounted for.  The chickens were able to escape the blaze because they were not locked up.

Powered by WorldNow

441 Murfreesboro Road Nashville, TN 37210

Telephone: 615.369.7222
Fax: 615.369.7329

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Nashville, LLC. A Media General Company.