Trousdale family loses everything after home burns down - WKRN News 2

Trousdale family loses everything after home burns down

Posted: Updated:
TROUSDALE COUNTY, Tenn. -

A wood stove is to blame for starting a fire that destroyed a family's home in Trousdale.

The mayor of Trousdale reported the home, which was built in 1854, used an electric pump to source water from a well.

The homeowner noticed his water pipes were frozen, so he shut of electricity to the well before heading to the store for supplies to fix the issue.

Once the homeowner returned, his house was in flames.

It was discovered the well's electricity was also connected to a blower fan for the wood stove.  The fan is responsible for distributing heat throughout the home's duct work.

When the power was shut off, the blower fan could not work properly, causing the wood stove to overheat, sparking a fire.

The mayor stated the flames are assumed to have traveled through the ducts.  The home is considered a total loss.

The family lost everything, but told the mayor they consider themselves lucky no one was injured.

Powered by WorldNow

441 Murfreesboro Road Nashville, TN 37210

Telephone: 615.369.7222
Fax: 615.369.7329
Email: news@wkrn.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Nashville, LLC. A Media General Company.