Chimney fire damages Lebanon home - WKRN News 2

Chimney fire damages Lebanon home

Posted: Updated: Jan 6, 2014 11:12 AM CST
LEBANON, Tenn. -

A chimney fire damaged a home early Monday morning in Wilson County.

The fire broke out just after 7 a.m. on Smith Road off Cairo Bend Road in Lebanon.

Flames were shooting through the roof when firefighters arrived on the scene.

There are no permanent residents at the home.  A friend of the homeowners was staying at the house and told fire officials he fell asleep with a fire in the fireplace.
 
He awoke to the fire alarm sounding and the chimney on fire.

The chimney, living room and attic area above the chimney suffered extensive damage.  The house is uninhabitable.

Firefighters thought they had the blaze extinguished, but were called back to the scene around 10 a.m. because the chimney and surrounding wall was still smoldering.

The fire was out by 11 a.m.

No one was injured.

Powered by WorldNow

441 Murfreesboro Road Nashville, TN 37210

Telephone: 615.369.7222
Fax: 615.369.7329
Email: news@wkrn.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Nashville, LLC. A Media General Company.