Faulty light switch blamed for Madison house fire - WKRN News 2

Faulty light switch blamed for Madison house fire

Posted:
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -

A family got quite a scare early Thursday morning when a faulty light switch started a fire.

It happened at a home on Saunders Avenue in Madison just after 12:30 a.m.

Fire officials told News 2 the homeowner flipped a light switch in the kitchen and an electricity malfunction sparked a fire.

The fire spread to the attic.

Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the flames.

The American Red Cross found a place for the family to stay overnight.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WKRN (Young Broadcasting station). All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.