Bellevue workshop destroyed in fire - WKRN News 2

Bellevue workshop destroyed in fire

Posted: Updated: Dec 7, 2013 11:10 AM
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -

A workshop in Bellevue was destroyed after it caught fire Saturday morning.

The fire was reported around 4:30 a.m. in the 7600 block of Charlotte Pike, near Sawyer Brown Road.

Homeowners next door said they awoke to flames shooting through the roof of the workshop. They told News 2 they could feel the heat from the fire inside their home, which was in close proximity to the burning building.

It wasn't immediately clear what sparked the fire, but officials say it was likely from a wood burning stove inside the workshop. Workers say they light the stove when temperatures drop below freezing so glues and other materials inside won't freeze.

Crews were concerned some of those materials would explode during the fire.

Firefighters had to transport water because there were no hydrants nearby.

No one was injured.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WKRN (Young Broadcasting station). All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.