Kitchen fire damages west Nashville apartment - WKRN News 2

Kitchen fire damages west Nashville apartment

Posted: Updated: Dec 8, 2013 11:43 PM CST
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -

A kitchen fire damaged an apartment in west Nashville Friday afternoon.

The fire broke out at the Hallmark Bellevue Apartments on River Road, just off Charlotte Pike, around 2 p.m.

Resident Ahmad Almasri told News 2 the fire began while he and his wife were cooking lunch.

They were able to extinguish the fire themselves but not before the apartment's sprinkler system went off.

The fire department responded and tried to turn off the sprinklers but couldn't.

The apartment sustained significant smoke and water damage.

The American Red Cross planned to assist the family.    

No injuries were reported.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WKRN (Young Broadcasting station). All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.