Mold problem plagues Mt. Pleasant fire station - WKRN News 2

Mold problem plagues Mt. Pleasant fire station

Posted: Updated:

A growing mold problem is forcing an area fire department to move out of its fire station.

Mt. Pleasant fire and emergency personnel recently had to relocate to a temporary facility on Trilogy Lane after learning mold had spread inside the fire station on North Main Street.

City leaders say it's been an issue at the building for several years now, but the problem has gotten worse.

Fixing it won't be cheap.  It could cost the city tens of thousands of dollars and may take several months.

City leaders tell Nashville's News 2 the estimates to repair the building have ranged from $45,000 to $100,000.

"We haven't interrupted any of our services from the day we moved until the day we finally got here," said Chief Tim Smith.

This isn't the first time there's been a mold problem at an area fire station.

The Columbia Fire Department and Spring Hill Fire Department also had issues with mold last year.

Powered by WorldNow

441 Murfreesboro Road Nashville, TN 37210

Telephone: 615.369.7222
Fax: 615.369.7329

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Nashville, LLC. A Media General Company.