Chimney fire engulfs Nashville home - WKRN News 2

Chimney fire engulfs Nashville home

Posted: Updated:

A fire started in the chimney of a Nashville family's home on Sunday.

Smoke was seen coming from the back of the house in the 500 block of Michele Drive just after Noon.

A family member noticed the home getting warmer and saw the smoke when they opened the back door to let cool air inside.

Firefighters arrived and quickly extinguished the flames.  While crews were fighting the fire, another fire was found under the deck.

All four people inside the home, including two children, made it outside safely.

No one was injured.

Officials stated the home is not a complete loss, but is currently in unlivable conditions.

According to the fire chief, they see a lot of chimney fires this time of year.  He said homeowners need to get their chimney swept every year as a preventative measure.

Powered by WorldNow

441 Murfreesboro Road Nashville, TN 37210

Telephone: 615.369.7222
Fax: 615.369.7329

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Nashville, LLC. A Media General Company.