Pet dies in Madison house fire - WKRN News 2

Pet dies in Madison house fire

Posted: Updated:
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -

A cat died in a house fire caused by a dryer inside a Madison home early Wednesday morning.

Officials told News 2 the female resident was able to make it out safely after her home in the 1400 block of Saunders Avenue started smoking.

The dryer was located in the largest room of the house, and when fire fighters arrived, the fire had spread throughout the entire room.

Two dogs and a bird were able to be rescued, but a cat died in the blaze.

Further details were not immediately released.

Refresh this page for updates.

Powered by WorldNow

441 Murfreesboro Road Nashville, TN 37210

Telephone: 615.369.7222
Fax: 615.369.7329
Email: news@wkrn.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Nashville, LLC. A Media General Company.