Cooking to blame for Bordeaux house fire - WKRN News 2

Cooking to blame for Bordeaux house fire

Posted: Updated: Nov 12, 2013 3:33 PM CST
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -

A grease fire heavily damaged a home in Bordeaux Tuesday afternoon.

A woman was cooking French fries when the fire broke out around 2 p.m. at the home located in the 3300 block of West Hamilton Road off Clarksville Pike.

According to fire investigators, the woman apparently used salt to try to contain the fire, but that made it worse.

The pan fell on the floor, splattering burning grease all over the kitchen.
 
Four people inside the home, three adults and one child, made it out safely, but the kitchen and two bedrooms suffered extensive damage.

The American Red Cross planned to help the family find a place to stay.

Powered by WorldNow

441 Murfreesboro Road Nashville, TN 37210

Telephone: 615.369.7222
Fax: 615.369.7329
Email: news@wkrn.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Nashville, LLC. A Media General Company.