A family watched as crews battled a fire at the home they had just moved into on Friday evening in Goodlettsville.
A home located in the 1000 block of Hitt Lane near Brick Church Pike reportedly started filling with smoke after 7:30 p.m. News 2 learned that the family had just moved in a few hours earlier and was attempting to use the fireplace when they noticed heavy smoke coming from the roof.
When fire officials were on scene, the attic was already engulfed in flames.
Officials said crews were able to maintain the fire and the flames did not spread to any of the other living areas inside the home.
The family will have to fully replace the roof before they can return home.