Brentwood hotel evacuated after A/C unit malfunctions - WKRN News 2

Brentwood hotel evacuated after A/C unit malfunctions

Posted: Updated:
BRENTWOOD, Tenn. -

A Brentwood hotel was evacuated Wednesday morning after authorities received reports of a fire.

The incident took place at Candlewood Suites on Virginia Way just after 6 a.m.

Officials told News 2 a woman was getting ready in her hotel room when she noticed a small fire and smoke from the air conditioning unit on the wall.

The hotel called the fire department then put the fire out using a nearby extinguisher.

Heavy smoke, however, had filled the second floor of the building.

The fire department evacuated the hotel and used fans to clear the smoke.

All residents were allowed back inside by 7 a.m.

Officials stated no injuries were reported.

Powered by WorldNow

441 Murfreesboro Road Nashville, TN 37210

Telephone: 615.369.7222
Fax: 615.369.7329
Email: news@wkrn.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Nashville, LLC. A Media General Company.