Kentucky boy burned when homemade bomb explodes - WKRN News 2

Kentucky boy burned when homemade bomb explodes

Posted:
HOPKINSVILLE, Ky. -

A 14-year-old Kentucky boy suffered burns to his arms after a homemade bomb exploded Saturday night.

According to Kentucky New Era, the boy told police he and his friends were attempting to make the bomb inside a Hopkinsville home.

He said they put gasoline into a gas can, put firecrackers inside the spout, and tried to light the firecracker.

Spilled gasoline on the boy's hands ignited, as did the bomb, leaving with burns to his arms.

He was airlifted to Vanderbilt University Medical Center.  His condition is not known at this time.

The home was not damaged in the explosion.

No charges have been filed at this time.

*The Kentucky Era contributed to this report.

Powered by WorldNow

441 Murfreesboro Road Nashville, TN 37210

Telephone: 615.369.7222
Fax: 615.369.7329
Email: news@wkrn.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Nashville, LLC. A Media General Company.