School officials launched a new plan on Monday in an effort to cut down on the time it takes parents and students to make their way off the Lebanon High School campus following afternoon dismissal.
In the initial plan on Friday, traffic flow was redirected counter-clockwise and entry into the school was increased from one to two lanes.
Despite the plan in place, it still took nearly an hour for all students to clear the campus.
Some also complained that student drivers were held on campus while parents picking up their children were allowed to leave first.
"When you are relying on older children to pick up younger children, or you are a parent waiting in this line to pick up and you have other places to get to, we understand that frustration," Director of Schools Dr. Tim Sutterlund said.
During Monday's dismissal, Wilson County's Director of Schools along with the city's mayor and traffic staff were all in the school's parking lot as "Plan B" was put in place.
The plan allowed student drivers to leave first and changed the lanes parents use to pick-up their children
"I think they will come up with a good plan. They had the same issues last year and it worked itself out. Just got to give them time to put their heads together and get it worked out," parent Greg Lassiter said.
School officials said the student pick-up line was completed in 20 minutes on Monday, which is a record time since the school opened last year.
One of the reasons for heavy congestion in the afternoons, according to school officials, is the high number of parents who pick their children up from school.