17 recovering from fumes at Tenn. restaurant - WKRN News 2

17 recovering from fumes at Tenn. restaurant

Posted:

ALCOA, Tenn. (AP) - Alcoa authorities say 17 people are recovering after being sent to the hospital due to fumes at a Texas Roadhouse restaurant.

Fire Deputy Chief Tom Daffron told The Daily News that firefighters immediately evacuated diners after being called to the building about 10 p.m. Friday because of a chemical smell.

The Knoxville News Sentinel reports those taken to area hospitals were treated for eye irritations and respiratory problems. Authorities said no serious injuries were reported.

Daffron says the fumes were caused when an employee mixed bleach with other cleaners. He says the release of chemicals into the air was accidental.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by WorldNow

441 Murfreesboro Road Nashville, TN 37210

Telephone: 615.369.7222
Fax: 615.369.7329
Email: news@wkrn.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Nashville, LLC. A Media General Company.