Fire destroyed the home of an east Nashville pastor and his wife Monday night.
The blaze was reported just before 9 p.m. at the home of Porter Heights Baptist Pastor Fred Donaldson on Carter Avenue, off of Riverside Drive. The home is located right next to the church.
Firefighters were able to extinguish the flames however an ember later rekindled the fire.
Crews had to cut multiple holes in the roof in order to isolate the burning areas and keep the fire from spreading.
Donaldson told Nashville's News 2 the fire was caused by an electrical short in a porch light.
Earlier reports that a meat smoker sparked the blaze were not accurate. Donaldson said he was smoking a chicken at the time the fire began but it was not the source of the blaze.
One firefighter was treated for minor burns and released from Skyline Medical Center, according to Nashville Fire Department spokesperson Kim Lawson.