2-year-old poisoned after drinking liquid stain remover - WKRN News 2

2-year-old poisoned after drinking liquid stain remover

Posted: Updated: July 8, 2013 05:48 PM

A two-year-old Robertson County boy was rushed to the hospital over the weekend after accidentally drinking Resolve liquid laundry stain remover.

According to Smokey Barn News, authorities responded to the boy's home in the 200 block of West South Street in Greenbrier around 7:30 p.m. Saturday.

At the time of the 911 call, the child was vomiting and lethargic.  Once medics arrived, the child slipped into unconsciousness.

The child was taken to Northcrest Medical Center before being flown via LifeFlight to Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt in Nashville.

He remained unresponsive in the intensive care unit until 4 p.m. Sunday, according to the boy's grandmother.

She reported to Smokey Barn News that he was showing signs of improvement.

Greenbrier police referred the incident to the Tennessee Department of Children's Services.

The investigation is ongoing.

Powered by WorldNow

441 Murfreesboro Road Nashville, TN 37210

Telephone: 615.369.7222
Fax: 615.369.7329
Email: news@wkrn.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Nashville, LLC. A Media General Company.