New stove sparks fire in east Nashville home - WKRN News 2

New stove sparks fire in east Nashville home

Posted:
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -

A mechanical problem led to a house fire in east Nashville Friday evening.

The call went out at 5:15 p.m. to the 2700 block of Eastland Avenue.

Authorities said the fire was fully involved, but firefighters were able to quickly knock it out.

The fire is said to be caused by a mechanical problem with a new stove.

The kitchen sustained most of the damage; however, smoke billowed throughout the entire home causing smoke damage to most rooms.

At first there were reports that the homeowner was missing in the fire, but he was later located.

He was not injured.

No further information has been released.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WKRN (Young Broadcasting station). All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.