3 fall ill after piece of equipment malfunctions at Goodwill - WKRN News 2

3 fall ill after piece of equipment malfunctions at Goodwill

Posted: Updated: April 30, 2013 3:10 PM
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -

Three people were transported to an area hospital late Tuesday morning after they became ill from fumes when a piece of equipment malfunctioned at a Nashville Goodwill.

The Nashville Fire Department and HAZMAT crews were called to the Goodwill located on Charlotte Pike around 10 a.m.

Officials said a cleaning crew was using a buffer to clean the floors when the machine malfunctioned, causing carbon monoxide to be leaked inside the store.

Authorities said the victims, who were all employees, suffered from headaches.

No customers were injured.

The scene was cleared and the store reopened around 11:30 a.m.

Powered by WorldNow

441 Murfreesboro Road Nashville, TN 37210

Telephone: 615.369.7222
Fax: 615.369.7329
Email: news@wkrn.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Nashville, LLC. A Media General Company.