Heavy overnight rain causes flooding in parts of Middle Tenn. - WKRN News 2

Heavy overnight rain causes flooding in parts of Middle Tenn.

Posted: Updated: April 27, 2013 11:15 PM CDT
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -

The National Weather Service in Nashville has issued a Flood Warning for several counties including Davidson Sumner, and Cheatham counties until 1:00 p.m.

A flash flood watch remained in effect for counties including Rutherford, Coffee and Macon counties until 10 a.m.

For a full list of watches and warnings, click here.

Although a few showers are possible in Nashville and points westward today (30%), the higher rain chances 60 to 70% will prevail in east Middle Tennessee. Rain chances will end there by this evening.

Highs will reach the low 70's, with lows tonight in the low 50's.

The work week will start out dry, reaching 80's by Tuesday.

After causing flooding again in the Bordeaux area, Whites Creek has now receded.

As of 7 a.m., Mill Creek had crested in Nolensville, and was just about to crest in Antioch right at minor flood stage, and will fall today.

The Cumberland River is expected to stay below flood stage in Nashville, and may crest in Clarksville and Dover near minor flood stage tonight or Monday.

The Harpeth River is expected to stay below flood stage in Franklin and Bellevue and barely reach minor flood stage in Kingston Springs today.

Tune in to Nashville's News 2 for an updated forecast.

Powered by WorldNow

441 Murfreesboro Road Nashville, TN 37210

Telephone: 615.369.7222
Fax: 615.369.7329
Email: news@wkrn.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Nashville, LLC. A Media General Company.